BOOK YOUR FREE TRIAL LESSON
GUITAR LESSONS BROMSGROVE
LEARN TO PLAY THE GUITAR NEAR BROMSGROVE WITH OUR EXPERT & HIGHLY RATED TUTORS
Guitar Lessons Near Bromsgrove
Are you looking for professional guitar lessons near Bromsgrove? Pro Music Tuition has some wonderful guitar teachers that can help you achieve your aspirations at one of our five music centres in Birmingham, Rubery, Sutton Coldfield, Solihull and the Black Country or via one of our online live music lessons. For generations, the guitar has been a favourite instrument to learn for millions of people. With its versatile sound and popularity across all styles of music, we understand that one method of learning won’t suit everyone. At Pro Music Tuition, we have talented guitar teachers with years of experience who can teach all kinds of guitars across many genres and styles. Whether you’re an absolute beginner or a guitar hero in the making, you can be sure that our guitar tutors will be able to tailor our lessons to suit you.
ADULT AND KIDS guitar LESSONS near Bromsgrove
Individual guitar tuition is ideal for students who wish to work on their grades and practise specific pieces, or for children with special educational needs who may benefit from a more focused learning environment. We offer both 30 and 60-minute sessions.
Whatever age and whether learning through group or individual tuition we offer to train pupils for exams. Working towards a goal like this can help teach children to focus and the sense of achievement when passing grades is always a thrill. We work with several different syllabuses, including ABRSM, Trinity and Rockschool. If you have previously learned pieces for an exam elsewhere we can provide the exam for you (excluding ABRSM).
GROUP GUITAR LESSONS near Bromsgrove
We teach children guitar from age 5 in group or individual sessions with the opportunity to work towards taking exams. We also host three Live and Loud performance showcases a year which every pupil is welcome to prepare for. These showcases are an excellent way for younger pupils to build confidence and gain a sense of achievement from learning their instrument. We tailor each guitar lesson to the individual pupils and try to teach songs that they want to play, making sure to include learning theory and scales to help develop a well-rounded understanding of the instrument.
If you are looking for group guitar lessons near Bromsgrove why not call us on 0121 559 3355 or use our handy online booking system?
book online today
FIRST LESSON FREE!
EXPERT GUITAR TEACHERS NEAR BROMSGROVE
We teach acoustic guitar, bass guitar, electric guitar, classical guitar, and even ukulele and banjo. All our teachers have achieved a diploma, grade 8 and degree in music performance and are well-versed in rock, pop, classical and everything in between. Starting with learning basic techniques such as strumming patterns and progressing to fingerpicking and solos, our teachers have years of experience with helping any student progress, no matter their existing level.
LOCAL GUITAR TEACHERS NEAR YOU
Pro Music is a truly local music school that offers some of the best guitar teachers around. Whether it’s classical, acoustic or electric we have experienced teachers to help you or your child take that first step in learning how to play the guitar.
ONLINE GUITAR LESSONS Bromsgrove
We can also teach the whole range of guitar styles and instruments online, over Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp or Facebook. If getting to the practice rooms is difficult you can trust that we still deliver the same first-class tuition remotely, and with more flexibility with scheduling our lessons can fit around your busy lifestyle.
Not only does learning online eliminate travel time and the need to pack and move your instruments it also allows for a wider range of scheduling options so we can find a time that works for you. If you are looking to book guitar lessons for you or your child why not get in touch with us today or use our handy online booking system to book your first free lesson?
Guitar Lesson FAQs
What is the best age to start learning Guitar?
Realistically, most people think that once their child can hold the right size guitar between 5 and 7 years old it may be time to get started. You will need to keep in mind that all children are different some may be able to pick up the guitar but not have the concentration to be able to sit long enough to learn or might not be able to comfortably hold a guitar but have the concentration, when these two main factors come together you will have a better indication as to whether or not your child’s ready.
You will also need to take into consideration if your child is mature enough and interested enough to start learning, the choice of instrument should really be left to your child otherwise they will lose interest very quickly.
Before you start spending money on guitars and lessons we will gladly give your child a free taster guitar lesson to see if your child is ready, leave it to us to be able to work out if your child is the right size to be able to hold the appropriately sized guitar, to be able to reach the frets comfortably and more importantly to be able to sit through lessons and pay attention.
Benefits of Music Lessons
- Builds language skills. As they learn their instrument, children become accustomed to different sounds that they would not have acknowledged before. This practice introduces their ears to the subtle sounds of language.
- It makes them academically stronger. Links have been found between music lessons and nearly every measure of educational achievement: SAT scores, reading comprehension, and math skills.
- IQ increase. Numerous studies have confirmed that children’s IQs enhance because of even a few weeks of music lessons. Brain scan technology reveals that brain activity improves following musical training, and some parts of the brain even grow.
- It teaches discipline. Music lessons require hours of attention and patience. Children must continue even when things aren’t going well…an invaluable skill for all areas of life.
- It supports muscle development and motor skills. Children must use their entire bodies to hold the rhythm when they play. They also must coordinate different movements with their hands at the same time. In doing so, they develop strength and coordination.
- It improves social skills. If children play in a group, they have to learn to work together to accomplish a shared goal, exercising tolerance, patience, and encouragement towards their peers.
- It makes kids feel good about themselves. There’s nothing quite like the sense of pride that comes from working on a new skill …specifically when the result is beautiful music.
- It helps kids understand the culture. By learning music from various parts of the globe, students come to understand these cultures.
- It brings happiness. And the most meaningful reason of all. When children can play music, it makes them happy.
How do I know my child is ready to play the guitar?
Before your budding musician gets going there are a few things you can think about first.
1. INTEREST Is your child actually interested in playing the guitar? If your child shows a real love for guitar-based music whether they have been listening to your favourite rock bands or singer-songwriters and show a real passion for music this is a great sign.
2. FOCUS Does your child have the ability to focus for around 30 minutes? Children ( or adults in fact ) do not need longer than a 30-minute lesson each week, if your child can sit for that length of time and take away knowledge from that lesson you’ll be on to a great start.
3. PRACTICE Some say practice makes perfect and quite frankly we agree when starting out parents will need to help their children to set a practice routine to embed skills learned in each lesson. We aren’t talking hours a day 15 minutes a day is adequate.
4. DEXTERITY Most kids have basic finger dexterity. When kids start out they won’t have full strength and dexterity but as they practice more and get older this will become stronger and make playing the guitar a lot easier, as your child’s dexterity improves and they can play the songs with ease it will boost their confidence.
5. MATURITY, In order to start lessons your child needs to have the maturity to sit and listen to their teacher, your teacher, will be fully trained and knows how to make learning fun but your child will find practising at home hard if they haven’t listened to their teacher’s instructions.
Do you teach adults to play Guitar?
Many parents become inspired by their own children learning an instrument that they get involved too and eventually start having lessons. Before they know it, what was an activity for their child becomes something that now connects the family even more, as it gives parent and child a joint interest. There is no greater buzz for us at Pro Music to see how music brings people together.
I am an absolute beginner, what do I need before my first Guitar lesson?
Going to the music shop to pick your first guitar is a thrilling experience, there are so many different shapes, styles and sizes that produce different sounds and are suited to different styles of music. This can be a bit daunting, but don’t fear we are here to help you, whether you’re choosing to buy a new instrument or second-hand, electric or acoustic follow our tips to help you find the guitar that suits you and makes you feel like a true musician.
Lessons, whether a total beginner or someone who has played on and off for a while, structured lessons along with daily practice are what will allow you or your child to achieve your musical dreams.
What are the best books for helping me with my Guitar Lessons?
At Pro Music, we double as Rock School and Trinity examination centre so there is no need to worry about where you will need to travel to for your music exams.
How many guitar classes would you recommend in a week?
How can I help my child to progress more quickly in their Guitar lessons?
Do you teach guitar theory?
Yes, we teach music theory as part of all our guitar tuition. Whatever age and whether learning through group or individual tuition we offer to train pupils for exams. Working towards a goal like this can help teach children to focus and the sense of achievement when passing grades is always a thrill. We work with several different syllabuses, including Trinity, and Rockschool.
Why should we choose pro music for Guitar lessons?
All of our teachers are DBS checked and trained to grade 8 or degree level and many teachers are also trained, as school teachers.
Pro Music has an onsite SEN coordinator which does allow our teachers to adapt music lessons for children and adults with special educational needs where it is required.
Do you have Guitar lessons near me?
We have pupils visit our Rubery music centre from many locations in and around Rubery including Alvechurch, Barnt Green, Bromsgrove, Bournville, Catshill, Kidderminster, Kings Norton, Lickey, Longbridge, Northfield, Rednal, Redditch, Romsley, Tardebigge and Wythall.
We understand that looking for local music teachers can sometimes be a challenge but with Pro Music Limited rest is assured! All of our tutors are DBS checked and hold a degree in music performance with some also holding a QTS in education.
Guitar Tuition Testimonials
"Had guitar lessons at Pro Music for many years, advancing from beginner through to grade 8. Easily the best music school around.
"I'm learning the guitar again after 30 years of not playing. Tom is really teaching me and helping me pick up where I left off. It's great to be back playing the guitar again."
"Had a free bass lesson with Tom last week online, I didn't expect it to work as well as it did. Clear and enjoyable taster lesson, Tom is a good tutor as in he's clear with instruction and patient and he needs to be as I'm an older learner shall we say. Looking forward to many more lessons to improve me as a Bass player"
"My son had started guitar lessons with David Phillips over the last 3 weeks. His progress has been fabulous! He loves his lessons and is keen to practice all he’s been shown. David is an excellent musician and accomplished teacher who really knows how to engage the kids he teaches! Highly recommend! Claudine"
"If you want to learn guitar, then Andy is totally your man. my son has been going for just a few weeks now, and what he has done with him is just outstanding. a lovely man and a fantastic teacher. can't praise him enough. thank you"
"My son has been having guitar lessons for just over a year, he loves his lessons with Dave Phillips and has even had an opportunity to perform on stage."
"Syd started the guitar with Dave when she was four (now five) her progress really shows and Dave is amazing with her.... his patience when she has an “off lesson” is remarkable, she comes a long way and now at home just picks it up and plays away. He teaches her in a very individualised way that suits her brilliantly. Thanks for getting her to love playing an instrument."
"My children have piano lessons and guitar lessons with Pro. Excellent tutors. Great communication about my children’s progress . They are patient , encouraging and fun too. Highly recommend them.
Guitar Lesson Locations
We have 5 music centres in Birmingham, Solihull and the Black Country (Cradley Heath, Rowley Regis, Rubery, Solihull and Sutton Coldfield). We are in an easy-to-reach destination and have students travel from all surrounding areas including - Alvechurch, Aston, Bearwood, Birmingham, Boldmere, Bournville, Brierley Hill, Bromsgrove, Catshill, Clent, Cradley Heath, Dudley, Four Oaks, Hagley, Halesowen, Harborne, Kidderminster, Kings Norton, Kingswinford, Lichfield, Little Sutton, Mere Green, Netherton, Northfield, Oldbury, Olton, Quarry Bank, Quinton, Romsley, Rowley Regis, Rubery, Sandwell, Selly Oak, Smethwick, Stourbridge, Sutton Coldfield, Solihull, Tamworth, Tipton, West Midlands, Wylde Green.
We also offer live online lessons to hundreds of students all over the world every week. So what are you waiting for? Get in touch today!